Wednesday, April 24, 2013

This one works for me...

One of the things I enjoy doing is sports photography... I am not necessarily a knowledgeable sports fan that can spit out facts and figures, I just like the process of capturing a quality fleeting moment not easily seen by the naked eye... it gets the ole heart pumping when you know you've got a good one "in the can"!

Decent images of penalty shots  and shootouts have always been rather tough for me.. I mean how do you capture the essence of a the moment like that? You have so many elements, the kicker, the goalie, the team, the fans, the officials... over the past few games I think I have found an angle that I like and have been exploring it.

Shooting behind the net!! That's the ticket... well at least for me for now... :-) shooting this angle has always appealed to me, but finding the right way to capture great moments with this angle I have not always been successful with. But after shooting a few games doing it more frequently I think I have found a way to include multiple elements of a nail biting scene that gets pretty much gets everyone on their feet.



No comments:

Post a Comment